October 15 – 21 was America’s Safe Schools Week and while the SFSD works throughout the year to make sure our safety procedures are current, we take additional steps during this week to review, update and train students, teachers, staff and family members. Here are some of the activities that took place this month:
- Training for lock down/lock out procedures;
- Drill exercises for the month that will continue throughout the year;
- Participation in the Great Oregon Shakeout, the statewide earthquake drill, on October 19;
- Planning and collaboration with law enforcement and emergency management agencies; and
- Distribution of family support information – SafeOregon.com, Oregon Youth Line, Marion County Youth, Family Crisis Services and others.