Last month, the Oregon Department of Education published the annual statewide report card that shows how our state’s public schools are performing. Here are a few highlights from our district:
- Our students continue to demonstrate individual growth at each grade level with most notable growth in the middle and high school grades.
- Our total student performance and annual growth results in reading and math continue to be higher than the majority of Oregon schools.
- Our high school graduation rate is strong at 90% with our students meeting standards that are stringent and higher than the state requirements.
- Our percentage of high school freshman on track to graduate is 95%, up from 92% in 2014/2015).
- Our economically disadvantaged students are growing at or above the state average as are our Hispanic/Latino students.
I want to thank our teachers, staff, students, families and community partners for helping to create a strong education system in our Silver Falls School District communities. These results reflect district wide efforts at all grade levels with specific focus on our strategic goals and core values. Our teachers believe in each student and they understand that each student CAN graduate from high school.
We have more work to do and a continuing responsibility to reach our ultimate graduation goal of 100%. This will occur as we provide a host of remediation, intervention and extension supports, especially in reading and math, to each student in all district schools. These supports are effective and enable us to meet the Mission of our district Together, cultivating character and academic growth in each student. Every day.
To see our district and individual school report card results, visit: http://www.ode.state.or.us/data/reportcard/reports.aspx