Teachers Helen Plov and Lisa Garrett are ramping up writing and physical activity skills at Scotts Mills. The two have applied for and received $5000 in funding for the following grants:
- $3000 — Let’s Move Active Schools grant to ramp up facilities and equipment to help students achieve 60 minutes of physical activity throughout the school day.
- $500 — Fire Up Your Feet award for encouraging students to be physically active.
- $500—Billion Mile Race for our Run to Rio de Janeiro, schoolwide race to Rio for the 2016 summer Olympics
- $500 — SELCO Community Credit Union award to be used for developing movement activities for grades K – 4.
- $500 — SELCO Community Credit Union award for integrating writing across the curriculum.
Congratulations to our dedicated teachers who go out of their way to enhance learning and fitness at our schools!