There is a team of dedicated SFSD employees that work behind the scenes to make sure things are running smoothly. While these District Office team members are rarely the center of attention, Superintendent Andy Bellando says they are the glue that holds things together.
“I’m always impressed by the District team’s focus on students,” said Silver Falls School District Superintendent Andy Bellando. “Even though they don’t work directly in the school buildings, they stay connected with why we’re here and that’s for the kids.”
The administrative and support staff crew includes:
- Rhonda Bellando, Maintenance Secretary
- Alice Bladt, Accounts Payable Clerk
- Shelly Bochsler, Fiscal Services Secretary
- Linda Brown, Director of Special Services
- Denise Childs, Superintendent’s Secretary
- Lesley Harvey, Fiscal Services Accounting Manager
- Marlys Jones, Special Education Secretary
- Linda Myers, Director of Curriculum
- Scott Pillar, Business Manager
- Helen Fetsch, Custodial Supervisor
- Gloria Rice, Human Resource Specialist
- Joel Smallwood, Maintenance & Facility Director
- Sandy Sprauer, Human Resource Specialist, District Student Information & Data Support
- Dandy Stevens, Assistant Superintendent
- Angela Vorderstrasse, Payroll Specialist
When asked what they like most about working for the Silver Falls School District, the district office team praised their colleagues and their dedication to the students.
“I always enjoy when kids come and speak to the board. It reminds me why I’m here,” said Denise Childs, Superintendent’s Secretary for more than 18 years.
“I really enjoy the atmosphere here. It’s a really nice place to work and everyone is very helpful,” said Sandy Sprauer, Human Resource Specialist & District Student Information and Data Support.
“I like the focus on kids and I’m looking forward to changes next year that will make our District even better,” said Rhonda Bellando, maintenance secretary.
”The teachers really care about kids and the community really cares about kids and that makes this a great place to work,” said Shelly Bochsler, Fiscal Services Secretary. “We have great schools and a great community.”